Well it has definitely been a rollercoaster of a year! I appreciate you guys and how you’ve stuck with me more than I can easily express, and I want to wish every one of my customers a happy, healthy, and blessed holiday season and start of 2015!
I did want to tell you guys some important stuff today, so here goes:
- The End of Year SALE starts at 12:01AM Eastern Time on Christmas Day (12/25), and coupon code ENDOFYEAR14 will save you 20% off your entire coupon-eligible purchase (this is everything but the few remaining yarn-and-pattern kits, and Kookaburra wash). This is the single biggest sale I have all year, so this is a great time to buy those things you’ve been eyeing in the shop but haven’t “pulled the trigger” on yet.
- The shop will close for inventory from January 1-6. I plan to leave the shop itself up, but make all listings either hidden or say “coming soon” as to not cause any confusion.
- The shop will reopen on January 7, and the first shop update of 2015 will take place on January 13 at 4pmET.
- The new shop update schedule for the first quarter of 2015 is available for you to look at in the sidebar. Please note that my shop updates are now further apart, as I’ll be super busy trying to dye 8 months worth of stock (and Into The Wool vendor stock) in just a 3 month period. I also need to take some time to enjoy being pregnant and preparing for my daughter’s arrival, as I’m sure you all understand!
- As of right now I do not plan to reopen custom orders until I resume a full-time dye schedule sometime in the fall of 2015. I apologize if this makes anyone angry, but I don’t want to take on more than I can physically handle, and I also don’t want a ridiculously long wait for those that want to order.
- I plan to begin dyeing my remaining stock of fiber right after the new year, and will release the dyed braids over a period of updates until they’re all gone. I will inventory what bases I have during the January 1-6 period, and will try to post here so you can see what will bases will be dyed. I will not be reordering any bases I do not currently have in stock, and plan to try to dye as many of my popular colorways as I can so there will be a good selection. I appreciate your understanding as I make this transition.
- Unfortunately because materials costs have risen a lot this year, I will be forced to have a price increase in 2015. Fiber prices will stay the same due to the limited nature of my stock, but all yarns will be going up $1 in price. (Journey Sock and Honeymoon sock will go from $24/skein to $25/skein, etc.) This is necessary in order to continue to pay myself a living wage for the work I do, and I’m sure you all understand that. The great quality of Unwind handdyed yarns is worth paying for, isn’t it? 🙂
That’s pretty much all of the announcements I can think of right now! I will be doing an update sometime in the evening on Christmas Day (probably between 10pm-midnight Eastern) with these beauties:
They are all included in the sale as well, and are currently up in preview mode until they go live. I will be posting to Instagram and Twitter when they are live.
Again, thanks so much to ALL of you for your support in 2014. This has been both the hardest and most exciting year of my life, and I appreciate your sticking through it with me!
XO and blessings,