Well it has definitely been a rollercoaster of a year! I appreciate you guys and how you’ve stuck with me more than I can easily express, and I want to wish every one of my customers a happy, healthy, and blessed holiday season and start of 2015!
I did want to tell you guys some important stuff today, so here goes:
- The End of Year SALE starts at 12:01AM Eastern Time on Christmas Day (12/25), and coupon code ENDOFYEAR14 will save you 20% off your entire coupon-eligible purchase (this is everything but the few remaining yarn-and-pattern kits, and Kookaburra wash). This is the single biggest sale I have all year, so this is a great time to buy those things you’ve been eyeing in the shop but haven’t “pulled the trigger” on yet.
- The shop will close for inventory from January 1-6. I plan to leave the shop itself up, but make all listings either hidden or say “coming soon” as to not cause any confusion.
- The shop will reopen on January 7, and the first shop update of 2015 will take place on January 13 at 4pmET.
- The new shop update schedule for the first quarter of 2015 is available for you to look at in the sidebar. Please note that my shop updates are now further apart, as I’ll be super busy trying to dye 8 months worth of stock (and Into The Wool vendor stock) in just a 3 month period. I also need to take some time to enjoy being pregnant and preparing for my daughter’s arrival, as I’m sure you all understand!
- As of right now I do not plan to reopen custom orders until I resume a full-time dye schedule sometime in the fall of 2015. I apologize if this makes anyone angry, but I don’t want to take on more than I can physically handle, and I also don’t want a ridiculously long wait for those that want to order.
- I plan to begin dyeing my remaining stock of fiber right after the new year, and will release the dyed braids over a period of updates until they’re all gone. I will inventory what bases I have during the January 1-6 period, and will try to post here so you can see what will bases will be dyed. I will not be reordering any bases I do not currently have in stock, and plan to try to dye as many of my popular colorways as I can so there will be a good selection. I appreciate your understanding as I make this transition.
- Unfortunately because materials costs have risen a lot this year, I will be forced to have a price increase in 2015. Fiber prices will stay the same due to the limited nature of my stock, but all yarns will be going up $1 in price. (Journey Sock and Honeymoon sock will go from $24/skein to $25/skein, etc.) This is necessary in order to continue to pay myself a living wage for the work I do, and I’m sure you all understand that. The great quality of Unwind handdyed yarns is worth paying for, isn’t it? 🙂
That’s pretty much all of the announcements I can think of right now! I will be doing an update sometime in the evening on Christmas Day (probably between 10pm-midnight Eastern) with these beauties:
12.25.14 Shop Update
They are all included in the sale as well, and are currently up in preview mode until they go live. I will be posting to Instagram and Twitter when they are live.
Again, thanks so much to ALL of you for your support in 2014. This has been both the hardest and most exciting year of my life, and I appreciate your sticking through it with me!
XO and blessings,
Hi all! I’m sorry about having to move yesterday’s update, but it was really unavoidable.
Without further ado, here is a sampling of what’s going up in today’s 6pmET update:
12.17.14 Yarns and Fibers
There are a few more than what is pictured here, too. I hope you see something you love!!
Please keep in mind that any purchases made between now and 12/20 will ship by 12/21, and have guaranteed domestic US delivery via first class mail, so there is still time to purchase gifts for yourself or for a crafty friend!
Thanks so much for your continued support, and be sure to check back between now and Christmas, as I am about to make the 2014 first quarter shop update schedule and will be posting that soon.
I have had a family crisis come up and can’t do the update today. It will go up tomorrow at 6pmET, assuming everything has settled down by then. This will still give me time to get your items out before the December 21 cutoff for Christmas delivery for US customers.
Thank you for your understanding and support.
Sorry for the long silence, and especially for the lack of posts about the updates I did over Thanksgiving weekend. Not long before Thanksgiving I found out that I was going to have to host this year, so I had company the entire weekend and it made it hard to do much extra stuff for the shop other than just simply get the update up. For those of you that found it anyway, thanks so much for your patronage! And for those of you that didn’t, there is still a LOT up in the shop, with more going up today!
Speaking of today’s update… these are the goodies that will be going up at 4pmET.
All listings are currently up in preview mode, and will be made available for purchase at 4pmET! I hope you see something you need to stuff your stocking with this holiday season! 😉
And now, for some announcements:
- For those of you that follow me on Instagram or listen to my podcast this won’t come as a big surprise, but I wanted to let everyone know that I am pregnant with a little girl (Madelyn Grace) that will be born in June of next year! (or late May, but we are hoping for June!) My first trimester of pregnancy was exceedingly hard on me, as I was horribly sick and lost quite a bit of weight due to not being able to keep food down. This is part of why I didn’t say much online from the end of September til Thanksgiving: I didn’t want to give anything away until we were sure the baby was going to make it past first trimester, and I also just flat-out didn’t feel like being on the computer very much. I’m sorry for the secrecy, but I needed to do what was best for my family, and I hope you understand.
- Because of my pregnancy, I am choosing to back down from the custom order side of the business for the time being. I will probably only be able to dye until April of next year before my doctor tells me I can’t lift pots anymore, so when I start dyeing again in January I will have to focus on getting enough yarn dyed up for the shop through the entirety of my pregnancy plus into my maternity leave, and ALL of my stock for Into The Wool next September will have to be dyed during that period as well. This doesn’t leave much time for custom dyeing, so I really don’t know that I’ll be able to do any until I come back from maternity leave next fall. I hope this doesn’t make anyone angry, but once again, I have to do what’s best for my own health and for the health of my baby.
- It is with a heavy heart that I announce that I will no longer be dyeing fiber after the early parts of 2015, at least for a year or so. Pregnancy makes it very hard for me to get onto the floor and back up again, and my dyeing technique for fiber (and what makes it so fluffy, non-compacted and nice to spin!) involves quite a bit of prep work with me on the floor. I do have about 40lb of fiber left in stock and will be dyeing it up over the course of the beginning of the year, but once it is gone, it is gone. I will try to have as large of a variety of colors available as possible, but I won’t be ordering more fiber, so the breeds/blends I have in stock are what you will see going up in updates, and of course my no-custom-orders policy also applies to fiber.
I appreciate your understanding and support as I go through this transition period in my life. I will do my best to still be the awesome dyer you’ve come to trust for your yarn needs and wants, and I of course welcome your emails (unwindyarncompany (at) gmail (dot) com) if you have any questions or comments.